Visitors

Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Gas billing

Latest


#1  My internet and electric bill comes 2 weeks before the gas bill. I pay all 3 at a time and yet your paper and web page bills show that I owe you. This time I recorded the conversation so I could keep things straight 

#2 Is a billing cycle at the given rate begin July and end in June 12 months Or begin and end in July 13 months? If this budget payment plan begins in July and the rate is $80 a month, from July through December I would owe $400 

#3 With my Chase bank records I paid $600 .. over $200 of what is owed, yet they sent me a bill for $160 

#4 Contradicting billing info, your paper bill said I owed 160, your web page said I owed 80 for the same month?? 

#5 Contradicting amounts of the monthly budget. If my monthly budget is $80 per month, why does the last paper bill say it is $160 

===============================

 NO other business I have dealt with in 60 years produced bills for amounts I did not owe. 
This year I paid 3 companies 5 months ahead and Madison is the only company producing a statement that I owed them. 

I hope I don't have to make calls every month to get the bill straightened out. 

Making direct payments to Madison to be trusted with the endless accounting problems. 
Using my own bank, there is a record of what was paid and when it was cashed . 

Guessing they r not picking on poor little me, the same thing is happening to others. Might consider changing the billing software like other companies use. 







Previous stuff

***



Gas bill statement

June is the budget anniversary for 2022-2023 

New monthly budget will be on the next invoice 

Budget payment $200 

Budget arrears $80 

/// 

If June is the anniversary and the new monthly budget will be on the next invoice.. that would be July

a)  8/2 just called and they said the new rate will begin in August (not July). This one said my budget payment would be $80 a month.

b)  Other girl said my previous payments was $200. I never paid that, in the last year my budget rate was $120 (email from one of their employees)

c) other girl Got this email 

I just reviewed your account, your budget payment is $120.00. It looks like it will stay that for the next heating season. You have a credit of $162.01. Due to the credit, it made your bill look like it increased.

///

#1 Define anniversary in terms of dates

#2 Define heating season in terms of dates

Pay as you go would mean your bill is based on the amount of gas you used.

A budget would mean the company estimated an average of usage you would have per month for a period of months .
It would have to have a range of months.

#3 What ever amount you established as my budget payment, tell me how many months it will be at that rate and I will pay for the whole period.

In 2022 - 2023 my rate was $120
#4 Tell me how many months that rate existed and I can check my bank account to see if I paid you that amount or more.


***
Every month I pay the given budget rate one or two weeks ahead and your system states I owe that amount.
I pay all my other utility companies on the same day and have NEVER been posted in arrears.

Consider changing your computer system.. software.


Left my bank payments compared to their billing statements



According to their amount due in this period I would have owed $2,140 


***

After given this email address
I sent this

#1 What month does my budget start for 2023-2024
#2 What is my monthly budget/payment
#3 What is the last month my bill/budget rate for 2023-2024 end

After Madison gives me the monthly budget rate x the amount of months at that rate I will simply pay for that whole period.

Simple 
Thanks

This was their reply

askexperts

to me

Thank you for contacting MGE's Ask the Expert email. This email is monitored Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm. We will respond to you shortly. 

  https://puco.ohio.gov/help-center/contact-us

Understanding your gas bill


Someone's definitions 

"Budget billing allows you to pay a set amount for utilities, such as electricity and gas, each month. The service makes energy costs more predictable for consumers, despite fluctuations in energy usage as seasons change.

With a budget billing program, your utility company will review and average energy usage at your home for the past 12 or 24 months. If this information is unavailable, they will use figures from the last occupant's usage. The average monthly cost and anticipated energy prices are then used to calculate your new monthly bill under the budget billing plan, and you'll pay a set amount each month.

Over time, your monthly payment could change as your utility company computes new averages. Some companies make adjustments quarterly, while others review usage and change the monthly billing amount annually if necessary. In either case, you will get a notification regarding the new bill amount and whether it will increase, decrease or stay the same."


zzzzz

from the bank I paid them 120 in july, 160 in aug and 400 in sept

11/20 got their bill that said I owe then 160 but their web page says I owe them 80

The budget payment doubled in nov

Also says my budget payment is 160

They have a link for email for help but it does not work




madison energy gas billing canton